This vegan, gluten-free recipe for the classic, favorite Oatmeal Cookie is sure to please. Makes approximately 24 cookies.
- 3 Cups of gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 Cups of gluten-free oat flour
- 1 ¼ Cups of embe Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 Cup of embe Organic Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp of Flaxseed Meal + 3 Tbsp of Water)
- 1 Cup of Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/3 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, oat flour, coconut sugar, coconut flakes, and baking soda together.
- In a small separate bowl, combine the flax egg, coconut oil, and maple syrup together.
- Slowly add the liquid ingredients from the small bowl to the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Scoop 2 Tbsp of the batter and roll into a ball. Place on the parchment lined cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a fork. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cookies are a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before eating.