Made with embē Organic Sweetened & Toasted Coconut Chips, our Magic City Cookie Bars are sweet, salty, vegan, gluten-free and highly indulgent!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Makes 9 Bars
For the Cookie Bars
- 1 C Almond Flour
- 1 C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt
For the Topping
- 1 Can of Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 3/4 Cup of Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup of Coconut Chips
- 1/2 Cup of Pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit). Line an 8x8 square ban with parchment paper.
- Combine the Coconut Milk and Coconut Sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and let simmer until all liquid has reduced to a caramel-like texture.
- Once the mixture has formed, remove from the heat and let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- While your mixture is coming together, combine all of the ingredients for the Cookie Bars together in a large bowl. Ensure all ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour your Cookie Bar mixture into the lined pan, leveling the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Once the Cookie Bars have cooled, pour the Coconut Milk and Coconut Sugar "caramel" over the Cookie Bars.
- Top with Coconut Chips, Chocolate Chips, and Pecans.
- Return the topped bars to the oven for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour until it is set.
Slice and enjoy!